Hiking is a great form of cardiovascular activity and holistic exercise. It is a great way of maintaining your overall mental and physical well-being. It gets you outdoors, in the sunlight, and moving in a way that is healthy for all of your body. Here are some health benefits of hiking that you should know.
- It helps you lose weight. Hiking uses a lot of calories, which is why it’s great for reducing body fat.
- It keeps your bones strong. Maintaining and increasing the strength of your bones is extremely important to keep them functioning as they should well into the later years of your life. Hiking provides all the exercise you need in order to keep your bones strong. This is an especially good exercise for preventing bone deteriorating diseases such as osteoporosis.
- It tones your legs muscles. If you hike, there is no need to go to the gym to tone your leg muscles. Climbing up and down hills, and hiking on difficult countryside pathways can make a great workout for your legs.
- It improves your heart health. As I said earlier, hiking is a type of cardiovascular activity, meaning it exercises your heart by increasing your heart rate. This is great for reducing cholesterol that can cause heart disease, and for increasing the strength of your heart.
- It improves mental health. By being outdoors, in daylight, and moving you will improve your mental well-being as all of these things cause endorphins to release in your brain, which make you feel happy.
Hopefully after reading these health benefits of hiking, you have been persuaded to give this brilliant form of exercise a try. If you need to buy hiking clothing Dublin, I recommend shopping at Basecamp.